Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Gaetanne Sylvester


medium
ceramics


location

Winnipeg MB


mcc member since

1992


how i learned my craft

I graduated BFA from University of Waterloo in 1990, and I have attended numerous workshops, too many to mention here.


my
craft mentors or "heroes"
Ruth Duckworth, Ann Roberts, Jane Buyers, Robert Powning, Trudy Golley, Ruth Chambers, Grace Nickel, Alan Lacovetsky have all inspired me and I could add to the list and go on.....and on. All of these artists express themselves in unique and thought-provoking styles.


what i love about my medium

What I like most about clay is its malleability, and its ability to bring my ideas into a three dimensional presence.


something my craft practice has taught me

The biggest lesson I have learned as a ceramic artist is that just like life, 50% you plan, 50% happens and sometimes mistakes or accidents have the best outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment