Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Evelin Richter


MCC blog and member portfolio application - Evelin Richter
location
Winnipeg Beach, Manitoba

primary medium
Ceramics, Sculpture







website

http://www.whatclayart.com

mcc member since
2009

what I love most about my craft
I love clay for its sensuous pliability... my favorite tools are my hands; I experience and learn so much through the sense of touch. Figurative sculptures are particularly satisfying... I enjoy meeting new "characters" as they emerge out of the clay.

where/how I learned my craft
I studied ceramics at the School of Art, University of Manitoba... along with lots of trial and error, trial and error, etc.

recent projects
I'm currently working on a body of work comprised of numerous figurative sculptures, with the goal of a solo gallery exhibition within the next year. I'll be posting images of new works on my website as they come to life.




No comments:

Post a Comment