Tuesday, October 13, 2009

PJ Anderson

primary medium
Earthenware.

location
Winnipeg, MB.

mcc member since
early 2009

what I love most about my medium
What I love most about clay is that I make things. No matter what else is going on in my life or the world around me I can, at the end of my day, take a deep breath and say, "Today, I created something new... I made something beautiful."

how i learned my craft
I studied at the University of Manitoba and have just finished my Honours year in Ceramics.

craft mentors
A few of my craft mentors are Grace Nickel, Alan Lacotvetsky ( both instructed me in first year, they made me love clay) and Magdalene Odundo, whose work I fall more in love with every time I see it.

recent projects
I have been in South Africa studying Zulu ceramics and interviewing potters for the last few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment