Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ursula Neufeld


primary medium
mosaic

location
winnipeg

MCC member since 2008

what I love most about my craft

I love working with the many materials, textures and colours. The melding of each piece of glass, smalti, glass tile and beads. Mixing colours and then mixing just the right shades of grout to get the desired affect.

how I learned my craft
My techniques/methods evolved with a Mosaic course I attended one summer with Master Mosaicist Sonia King. She teaches all over the world so her knowledge is immense. To be able to spend a week learning and creating in front of a Master teacher brought my knowledge and inspiration to another level.

a favourite craft quote
"The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." - Marcel Proust

best online resource
One of the best resources for a Mosaic artist is http://mosaicsandceramics.ning.com


No comments:

Post a Comment